Restaurant Anna Stuben is a surprising gourmet spot in the breathtaking scenario of Dolomites at Ortisei. Awarded with 1 Michelin Star under the guidance of chef Reimund Brunner, Anna Stuben proposes an intriguing menu that leverages, as it is well described in the web site, on “the highest quality local and regional products…creating real delicacies that will satisfy even the most demanding palates”
You can choose between the “Tradition Menu” , where Brunner gives his interpretation of the “sudtirol” gastronomy and the “Tasting Menu” that expresses the purest Brunner’s food philosophy. You can also compose your own menu “a la carte”.
We opted for the Tasting Menu (Menù di Degustazione) based on 7 courses plus several “surprises” of the Chef. In our case the menu consisted of:
- Fegato d’oca con nocciole e balsamico (Goose liver with hazelnuts and balsamic vinegar)
- Crema di piselli con lattica ghiacciata e caviale (Pea soup with caviar and iced lactic)
- Tortelli di agnello con zucchine e capperi (Lamb ravioli with zucchini and capers )
- Risotto con lime, fave di cacao, peperoncino e gamberoni “carabineros” (Risotto with lime, cocoa beans, chilli and “Carabineros” prawns)
- Rombo con carciofi, menta, pomodori gialli e rossi e salsa di arance (Turbot with artichokes, mint, yellow and red tomatoes and orange sauce)
- Filetto di vitello con fegato, crema di cavofiori e cipolletta e finferli (Fillet of veal, liver, cream of cauliflower and leek and chanterelle mushrooms)
- Toffifee al cioccolato fondente, gelato di caramello, crumble e fleur de sal (Toffifee dark chocolate, caramel ice cream, crumble and fleur de sal)
Here below our terrific journey.
As I said at the beginning of this post, this was a remarkable surprise. Anna Stuben Restaurant definitely deserves a visit if you pass by. Delicious food experience in the middle of the Dolomites.