First Japanese food restaurant awarded 1 Michelin Star in Italy, Iyo definitely deserves its reputation.
Yes, probably the environment is a bit too dark (somehow recalls a pure candle light atmosphere), but the food is sublime indeed.
We opted for the tasting menu (“Faccio Iyo”..Omakase) that consists of 8 courses selected by the chef Haruo Ichikawa. Nevertheless he proved great flexibility and kindness accepting our request of choosing some course on our own from the menu a la carte.
1. Toku Jo (Uramaki with Adriatic shrimps and avocado, thinly sliced Normandy scallops, purple shrimps, catalogna sprouts and Kizamy Wasabi)…that was our choice
2. Kakisu (Breton Oyster served with kombu and oyster aspic, rice vi negar and yuzu flavoured frozen daikon, algae and oyster leave )
3. Chef’s trio
4.Ika somen (“sfrangiato” raw squid, crispy vegetables, quail egg and soba dashi sauce)
5. Sushi Iyo (nigiri selection)
6. Yaki Udon
7. Black angus (Italian Black Angus sirloin, rolled Chinese cabbage, Bruxelles cabbage, red miso and olive sauce)
8. Exotic sphere (White chocolate half sphere, passion fruit flavoured mousse, white chocolate crumble, mango coulis served with fresh mango)
Everything really special, definitely a great “taste experience”.